GroupCamp for Gmail add-on turns emails into tasks without leaving Gmail
This article introduces the GroupCamp add-on for Gmail. GroupCamp for Gmail is a free add-on that turns your emails into tasks without leaving Gmail.
GroupCamp for Gmail is an add-on that you can install to your Gmail Inbox.
Once you've installed the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on, open an email in Gmail to use it.
Read this FAQ for step by step Individual or Domain install: How to install the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on.
This section is useful when GroupCamp for Gmail is installed to your Gmail Inbox.
With your Laptop, open an email then click on the GroupCamp icon to open the add-on.
With your Smartphone (from Android 8)
Add-ons for Gmail are available from the version 8 of Android. Regarding iOS (iPhone and iPad), add-ons for the Gmail app are available.
The Select an account card is displayed only when you are connected to multiple GroupCamp accounts.
Select a GroupCamp account.
You can Duplicate a recent action (for project and task list fast selection) or click on ADD A NEW TASK.
Within the add-on:
Select a project and a task list.
- the email subject becomes the Task name (type to modify),
- the email body becomes the Task description (Click on EDIT to modify the description).
Select email attachements your want to add as attachments to the task.
Assign a user.
Click on CREATE TASK and that's it!
- The task is created in your GroupCamp project.
- Your email is now linked with a GroupCamp task and the linked task is displayed.
When you have already created a task on a conversation (threaded emails), the linked task is automatically displayed when you open the add-on.
When you have created several tasks on the same email thread, the add-on presents all tasks you have created and you can select an existing tasks or create a new one.
Within the add-on, you can:
- ADD A NEW TASK
- Change the Task status
- Open the task, the task list or the project in GroupCamp
- ADD EMAIL AS A COMMENT or Add email attachments to the linked task
Click on ADD EMAIL AS A COMMENT.
With this card you can add email attachements to the linked task OR only add a comment (email body text is automatically copied) OR both.
The Gmail add-on displays the SAVE ATTACHMENTS link when an opened email has attachments.
Select the project and the destination folder (sub-folders are selectable under the "'v").
Select email attachments to import to your project.
Individual installation for G Suite and Gmail users
- Uninstall GroupCamp for Gmail from the G Suite Marketplace. Select the app, then click on the Options menu and select the Remove choice.
- Please note that you can also manage Gmail add-ons from the Gmail Settings menu and the Add-ons tab.
Domain or organization installation for G Suite users
- Contact a G Suite administrator. The app is managed as all G Suite Marketplace apps.
Read this FAQ for being helped to uninstall: How to install the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on.